Friday, May 05, 2006

learning to frog


A couple weeks after learning to knit, I attempted by my first sweater attempt. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to test my gauge, so it predictably ended up too wide and too short. So I contemplated that sweater for 6 months, without knitting anything else. With the encouragement of a knitting mentor, I eventually undid the whole thing and knit a whole new sweater, which is pictured here. I am now so satisfied and not afraid to frog. However, I made this sweater for my son and he cries every time I try to make him wear it. Why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Tanya, Grandma & I looked at your knitting blog and were quite impressed with all you've learned. You could teach us a thing or two. Do you knit European style or American style. we both knit European (do you know the difference?) What is frogging never heard of it before? Anyway, fun to see all that you are doing
It's fun to knit. But it gives me neck aches now a days. So Crocheting is what I do now, when I work on anything. Working on a baby blanket for Ben & Anadine. I hope it gets done before the baby gets here. It's a boy, if you haven't heard by the way. Due the end of June. Later Rita & Letha

Susan C said...

Tanya,
I am just in awe!!! I was so excited to pick up some new yarn a few weeks ago when it turned cold...I could still remember how to cast on and knit, but just plain knit...HOW DO YOU DO IT??? gee...and here I was so proud that my fingers remembered how to knit a scarf. Love you.,

Susan C said...

oh yeah, what is frogging? Is it when you pull everything out and start over because it looks all skeewampus? (not that I've ever done it) HA