Saturday, August 12, 2006

Stoffe, Stoffe, und mehr Stoffe

I remember why I quilt - because fabric is fabulous. I was just browsing this Swiss site, Cotton & Color, and they have the most beautiful collection of prints I've seen in a long time, maybe ever. In the "old" days, I used to frequent the low-end shops like Joann's and Michael's looking for $3/yd bargains and I quickly got bored with the selections. Occasionally, I'd venture into a specialty quilt shop and treat myself to 1/4yd of something fancy that I'd never use, only admire. But after spending an hour browsing this site, I desperately want to buy, buy, buy! I must resist. I absolutely cannot let myself buy any new fabric until I use all the fabric I already have. To this end, I foresee many one patch quilts in my future.

No comments: